Movie Opener Brainstorming and Research
At this time we are taking some time to brainstorm different ideas and approaches we can take to produce the opening, as well as using these past 8 openings as potential inspiration on what to do and what to potentially avoid in our creation process.
Opening 1
Opening 1 is very interesting with the way it attempts to create an atmosphere of high energy and intensity with the training montage and the music used to create well-timed jump cuts. There appears to be a narrative between the 2 people filmed in this which may lead to some form of a conflict. However in my opinion the silence near the end of the opening, in my opinion, doesn't help in the establishment of what I believe to be a high tension scene, some form of music or background sound may have increased the tension of the scene, but the silence works to some degree. This opening was done very well with the mode of intensity and excitement established early on with the training montage and the intense sensation created by the silence at the end of the opening.
From this film what I see is the great use of music and camera work in the film to create different moods and sensations throughout the opening, I myself will try to emulate this to some degree in my opening.
Opening 3
Opening 3 creates a very different atmosphere with the opening portion implementing a very calming and tranquil mood with the nature be shown and the calming music in the background, which then shifts to a story about a couple in love, with a backstory to establish an interesting story, at the end of the opening there was a well-done hook to the film with the use of what I believe to be something similar to foreshadowing, with the discussion of an event that occurs in the future of the story from the perspective we have seen.
From this film, there was a great use of camera work and dialogue which had established an easy-to-follow narrative that was interesting, however from this opening the hook at the end of the film was what I enjoyed the most and will attempt to create in my own film.
Opening 4
Opening 4 on my first watch had left me very confused about the narrative of the opening as well as the choice of a title, however, on my next rewatch it had all clicked on what the potential narrative for the film could be as well as what the text was displayed earlier in the film.
From this film, the camera work and the title used were both great aspects that made the film opening enjoyable, and personally, I feel like the use of a creative and matching title for the narrative makes it much more enjoyable as well as foreshadowing for what may occur in the film if done entirely.
Opening 5
Opening 5 is a very different film with it being very focused on the physiological aspect of horror and what human psyche, from what I see this film opening was very well done with the camera work and the sound design of the film create a very ominous and concerning feeling however at times I feel the sound was cut off too early or was not put in areas of the opening where it would have created a more suspenseful feeling.
From this film, there are various things I enjoy from the camera work, sound design, and the acting of Kane he was the star of this film with show various qualities of a psychopath, clearly, this film had lots of studying and background research of people who are psychopathic, this research and acting had, in my opinion, made the opening as interesting as it was, and will for sure make some impact on the creation of my film.
Opening 6
Opening 6 is a film that is much more different and very artsy in its feeling, as it has elements of what I feel to be like an older Disney film, personally not my kind of film however the camera work, sound design and, voice acting/ singing was done amazingly.
From this film, I plan to use the great camera work as potential inspiration for my film but will have to adapt to a more comedic fashion.
Opening 7
Opening 7 was a very ominous and interesting film with the implementation of science, horror, and mystery in this film to create a very interesting film opening that makes me want to see more, it was done very simply with no dialogue whatsoever and with very limited facial expressions. This film uses the show don't tell the method to a whole another degree with there being testing done of a patient we have no information of.
From this film the camera work, sound design, and overall established atmosphere were done perfectly, This opening made me feel different with the strange and scary vibe to it however I felt inclined to learn more about the scientist and the patient. I will definitely use the mood establishment in this film as inspiration for my own film.
Opening 8
Opening 8 was one of the weaker films, in my opinion, it felt very strange in the execution of it, the opening scene of the opening was very strange with its choice of audio however the camera work was done well to a strange sensation in the audience however the rest of the opening feels rushed as if it was showing the climax of the film despite this being the opening portion of the film.
From this film I only enjoyed the camera work, the audio design was too sporadic for my taste and narrative was done half par and felt rushed despite this being an opening for a film.
Opening 9
Opening 9 was a very different film with it being a piece meant to show the memory and the life story of a person, the camera work and the audio choice worked well for the opening however I felt like this opening was not an opening for a film but instead its own short film.
From this film, I enjoyed the camera work with the opening as it created a perfect atmosphere and mood for the film.
Comments
Post a Comment